Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Senior Study Manager to participate in nationally significant genomics and epidemiologic research funded by NIH and other agencies. This individual will assist in managing the day-to-day activities of ongoing research projects involving protocol development, liaising with clinical sites and external investigators, and in the collection, processing, and analysis of data as a Senior Study Manager.
This role is remote eligible.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead task areas for large multi-site network studies and serve as project lead/manager for smaller projects. Assist with managing and overseeing routine tasks performed by junior staff.
- Work with clients, study collaborators and project staff to develop and implement study protocols including preparing data collection instruments, manuals of operations, and monitoring reports.
- Provide technical assistance to investigators, including resolving genomics data access issues in dbGaP, and overseeing the development of training materials and workshops.
- Track data submissions across multiple sources and serve as the liaison and point of contact across groups.
- Draft IRB packages and coordinating multiple site approvals.
- Draft and maintain study documents, host meetings with study collaborators and project staff, and be responsible for project-related day-to-day study communications.
- Provide logistical support for network committees and working groups by organizing meetings, preparing and distributing meeting materials, and drafting meeting minutes and action items.
- Develop requirements for data and specimen management systems; oversee data and biospecimen collection including working with programmers to develop study management systems and requirements for QA/QC reports and reviewing generated reports.
- Assist senior data managers and analysts with receiving, cleaning, harmonizing and managing datasets and analyzing associated health data.
- Master's degree in the biological sciences or public health and a minimum of 5 years of experience managing clinical and/or epidemiologic projects is required.
- Experience managing multi-site research studies.
- Must have a good understanding of genomics concepts through coursework or job experience.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, administrative and organizational abilities, be a self-starter, and have the capability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team setting.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.