Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Are you passionate about technical assistance and improving the quality of state and local special education data? If so, you might just be who we're looking for. Become a member of Westat's Education Studies Practice team and work directly with state education agencies to build their capacity around data collection, analysis, reporting, and use.
• Provide technical assistance to state education agencies (SEA) regarding the collection, analysis, reporting, and use of special education data (e.g., SPP/APR indicator data and EDFacts data).
• Build relationships with SEA staff to understand contexts and identify areas of need.
• Develop resources to improve the quality of state special education data.
• Contribute content to blogs and newsletter articles related to special education data quality.
• Present at national, regional, and state conferences on data-related topics.
• Master's, degree in education or another relevant field and 8 years of related experience with technical assistance related to disability, education programs, or data; or a Doctoral degree in education or another relevant field and 3 years of related experience with technical assistance related to disability, education programs, or data.
• Experience working in state or local education agencies.
• Specific experience with data required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) as well as an interest in the advancement of educational equity are also preferred.
• Excellent writing, presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team setting.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.