Position Announcement #122006 –
Who We Are: The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality content and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. Through grants, we encourage the development of content that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, especially children and minorities.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, Educational Media and Learning Experiences, this position provides administrative and project support to the Educational Media and Learning Experiences department which is responsible for CPB’s educational media grant program including management of the Ready To Learn (RTL) grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Compensation: The salary for this position will be no less than $40,000 annualized with a hiring range up to $55,000. Exact salary determined by experience, education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity. Annual salary increases and bonus payment based on performance.
• Manages the day-to-day administrative and operational needs of department including coordination and scheduling of appointments, calendar management, proofreading and editing documents, preparing logistics for meetings and taking meeting notes, filing, sending emails, and ordering office supplies.
• Plans and arranges approved travel for the department staff and processes expense reimbursements in accordance with CPB expense guidelines.
• Assists with drafting memos, letters, presentation materials, tables, spreadsheets, and other documents.
• Maintains electronic database of contacts for projects filing and record-keeping systems, including logs, records, and files so that information is tracked, organized and readily retrievable.
• Assists department staff on educational and market research and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Associates degree from an accredited two-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working in an administrative position with similar level responsibilities.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, including attention to detail, providing customer service and maintaining confidentially of sensitive corporate matters.
• Proficient with technology and experience utilizing MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams) and other systems and online tools.
• Demonstrated abilities to prioritize workflow, exercise independent judgment, and follow-through with minimal supervision and direction.
Benefits: CPB provides generous benefit programs including retirement, health, dental, life and disability insurance, commuting, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick and maternity/paternity leave.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to – https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6030e977-b90c-49b6- 8399-27c07d098b48&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=445982&source=CC2&lang=en_US
This is a hybrid work environment position, working from CPB’s office in Washington, D.C. and remote, as approved by the position’s Department Head.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all CPB positions. Exemptions for religious and medical reasons will be considered.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity, as it creates a healthier work environment. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.