RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times.
- Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions.Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary.
- Utilizes the Property Management System (PMS) to access reports for determining work assignments for housekeepers.
- May be required to act as the supervisor in the absence of the supervisor.
- Conducts daily inspections of rooms, housekeeping carts, common areas, laundry facilities, and maintains written documentation of these inspections.
- Assists with training on proper work methods and safety procedures.Fully implements all safety, fire prevention, MSDS, and environmental/industrial hygiene requirements.
- The incumbent is responsible for the security of all items in the storeroom and/or assigned storage areas.Determines and places orders for cleaning supplies, in-room amenities, and other materials or equipment needed by the housekeeping staff and ensures items are available when required.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained, stored, and accounted for.Issues amenities, supplies and linen to the housekeepers and performs a monthly/quarterly inventory, as required.
- Assists with investigating and preparing reports for staff mishaps/accidents.
- Assists with the regular housekeeping duties and fills in where needed.
- May be required to train new Housekeeping staff and monitor performance providing coaching/counseling as required.
- Handles guest and/or staff suggestions and complaints, resolving problems in a tactful and diplomatic manner, referring difficult and/or unusual situations to the supervisor.
- Must perform duties of housekeepers, custodial workers, laundry workers, and/or their respective leaders on an "as needed" basis to cover for staff shortages or other unanticipated occurrences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment
- Must have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer
Additional information "To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine."
- Requires ONE (1) year of work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts, standards, regulations and administration related to housekeeping and/or custodial operations.
- Professional knowledge of the lodging organization, administration, policies/procedures, and practices in conducting day-to-day operations.
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- The incumbent is required to do considerable standing, bending, walking, pushing, pulling, climbing, and a variety of repetitive motions.Must have ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor as unassisted lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds is required.May be required to climb/descend stairs and properly placed stepladders.
- This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused.
- This position is subject to the possibility of working on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
- The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- Must possess a current, valid driver's license.
Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. Spouse Preference does not apply to NF 04 and NF 05 positions. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference and complete the Request for Military Spouse Preference form and submit a copy of current PCS orders. Failure to submit current PCS orders with application will prevent spousal preference from being granted. Acceptance or declination of a regular full or part-time non-appropriated or appropriated fund position ends your ability to claim this preference.
Some positions have special requirements. In these cases selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements. Applicants may be required to provide proof of education, etc. All selections are contingent upon the obtaining of satisfactory employment reference checks. As a condition of employment, the selected individual will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer program. SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT:
If you are a male born after December 31, 1959 and at least 18 years of age, employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328) requires that you must register with the Selective Service System (military draft), unless you meet certain exemptions. If applicable, failure to register will prevent you from being considered for employment. To register, please visit the Selective Service web site at https://www.sss.gov/register/ .
When relocation expenses are authorized to perform a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the federal government, the IRS considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Additional information: https://www.dfas.mil/CivilianEmployees/Civilian-Permanent-Change-of-Station-PCS/Tax-Information/.
Public Trust is a type of background investigation, but it is not a security clearance
. Depending on the job, you must complete either the Standard Form 85 (SF85) or 85P (SF85P) questionnaire.