EV Program Manager
ITW Drawform & Sexton is a $200M USD Division within Illinois Tool Works’ Automotive Segment. It has an excellent reputation for delivering top results and exceeding customer expectations within the deep draw and aerosol can industries. The Division currently has a need for a Program Manager to oversee the launch of a new product line, and manage subsequent launches in upcoming years. This newly created position is a member of ITW Drawform & Sexton Division’s new product launch team in the EV market, and will require frequent interaction with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Program Manager leads the planning and execution of assigned projects. The role is responsible for managing multiple, concurrent project plan schedules while monitoring projects daily to track progress against the work plan schedules – this requires proactively communicating with internal and external stakeholders as well as external suppliers. The program manager identifies any risks to time or deliverables, communicates those out to the appropriate teams and follows-up on issues throughout the project. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring the financial performance of the project.
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop, define, manage and execute full-scale project plans within the quality and customer requirements.
· Prepare, maintain and update product / program timing schedules, ensuring all milestones are maintained by leading, motivating and supporting the team and vendors as needed.
· Develop and implement reports that measure project progress and identify challenges that need to be addressed; communicate the findings to management, team members, stakeholders, and customer.
· Direct weekly update meetings, identifying critical path items and escalating as necessary.
· Lead communication with customer to understand project requirements and report project status. Work with internal team to plan schedules, staffing requirements, product BOM, and equipment utilization appropriately.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, communicating changes and risks to the appropriate stakeholders. Devise contingency plans as necessary.
· Manage the project budget by tracking labor, material, and vendor expenditures.
· Coordinate APQP activities. Support development of product and process feasibility studies and all other APQP documentation as required.
· Review first time control plans, PFMEA’s, process flow diagrams, bar code labels, APQP document routing, process sheets.
· Participate in the sourcing decisions for supplier processes and assist in managing outside suppliers during prototype and launch phases.
· Conduct post project reviews to identify successful project performance drivers and methods to resolve project results that did not fully meet objectives.
· Perform other duties as required or requested.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
· 5 – 7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
· MBA or Project management certification highly desired
· Strong leadership experience with the ability to motivate and promote personal accountability
· Strong communication and project management skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of project tracking software, the ability to breakdown & assemble data, presentation skills
· Ability to influence others without authority
· Travel 10-20% as required, including internationally
· Detail oriented: Enjoys and understands the need to track all aspects of a project, that all the little parts are needed to achieve the whole
· Strategic Thinker: Sees the Big Picture
· Analytical: Ability to synthesize data from various sources & translate information to action plans
· Collaborative: Able to achieve results by engaging others
· Customer Centric: Approaches situations and projects with a customer first mindset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.