Director of Capital Programs
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Director of Capital Programs in the Engineering and Operations & Maintenance Division. The Director will lead the Capital Programs department, which consists of engineering and construction project managers tasked with delivery of Loudoun Water’s Capital Improvement Program. Essential functions include:
- Execute the annual Capital Work Plan of Loudoun Water’s 10-year CIP
- Ensure project management team is well structured, organized, and effective; ensure that employee growth is paramount
- Oversee and track the development and execution of design task orders and contracts for water, wastewater, and reclaimed water projects; serve as key point of contact for consultants
- Oversee and track the development of construction contracts life cycle, from project bidding to closeout; serve as key point of contact for contractors
- Ensure projects meet budget, schedule, and quality objectives; partner with Loudoun Water’s Project Support Office to ensure consistency and efficiency of project delivery processes
- Collaborate with other Directors across the organization to ensure projects are well coordinated and meet stakeholder expectations; lead proactive communication regarding projects
- Interface with the General Manager’s Office to share information and collaborate on project matters requiring executive support
- Serve as staff lead for the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Committee of the Loudoun Water Board of Directors; develop agendas and reports for committee meetings, lead staff in developing presentation materials for information and action items, make oral presentations
We are looking for highly motivated self-starters with exemplary leadership skills, an eye for quality, “can do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
- BS degree in civil or environmental engineering, or related field, and progressively responsible project engineering and management experience in the design, construction and delivery of public water and sewer systems.
- An advanced degree in related field is desirable.
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational development capability to align team’s structure and optimize employee performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering projects through design and construction. Licensure as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia is desirable.
- PMP Certification or demonstrated experience in collaborating with a Project Management Office is desirable.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE