Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Lead/Senior UX/UI Designer - Small Business
Our Small Business team is hiring a Manager level UX/UI designer who will support the acquisitions design team by contributing to and leading the digital storefront experience on CapitalOne.com. The ideal candidate will have experience working across the design process from discovery to delivery and is equal parts analytical and creative. Makes thoughtful design decisions based on a combination of customer needs and business objectives. Experience with or an interest in working with marketing or brand teams is a plus.
- A Strategic Problem-Solver. You consider multiple perspectives, objectives, and needs to arrive at the ideal solution. You're business savvy while keeping your users' needs at the forefront of your designs.
- A Successful Juggler. You don't get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You're able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people's lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams. You're a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with marketing managers, business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
- A proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to solve problems and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, informing your manager of progress appropriately.
- A Storyteller. You're able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You're able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You're proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you've thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
- A Master Craftsperson. You dream about color, typography, iconography and interaction design every day. You are proficient using tools like Sketch and Figma, and can efficiently use your skill set to develop new designs within existing and new visual systems and design languages.
What you'll bring:
- A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of User Experience Design including (but not limited to): user flows, IA, and translating customer research, analytics, and insights into wireframes and high-fidelity designs
- Understanding of brand identity and working within a defined design system as well as contributing to it
- Knowledge of human-centered design and UX practices. Use a range of methodologies (like design research, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frameworking) to strategically define ideal experiences
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you'll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guides.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Ability and interest in mentoring junior team members
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Knowledge of html and css, with the ability to work closely with engineers to implement designs
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities
- Understanding of an agile/scrum development process
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- At least 5 years of experience with user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- At least 4 years of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- 4+ years of experience with user experience research
- 5+ years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- Mobile design or mobile development experience
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Master's degree in a design related field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).