This is a non-status, non-permanent Personal Services Contract (PSC) position. This position does not provide Competitive or Excepted Service status into the Civil Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
APPOINTMENT DURATION: Temporary Non-Status Contractor Position: 1 year renewable for up to 4 years.
This position is assigned to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security (DS). The incumbent reports to the Chief of Staff (CoS) and serves as a Management Analyst within the DS Front Office (DS/FO). This position is a GS-13 equivalent.
Telework: This is a telework eligible position.
Travel Required: This position may require foreign and/or domestic travel.
- Oversees and manages the Department’s paper review / clearance process for DS; work is largely performed independently, often without review by or with direct assistance from a supervisor or senior employee.
- Independently reviews, analyzes, prioritizes, and distributes all incoming taskings and correspondence. Serves as a bureau representative, often being the initial point of contact for senior officials within the Department and DS offices.
- Provides comprehensive executive level support to the Assistant Secretary, Chief of Staff, Special Assistant, and other DS senior leaders. Plays a vital role in optimizing senior leaders’ time to ensuring they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and initiatives.
- Employs analytical methods and performs qualitative/quantitative analysis of administrative processes and systems to determine their efficiency and recommends improvements, as needed.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience working independently, addressing and switching between multiple tasks with competing priorities, under time constraints.
- Experience providing executive level support to high-ranking officials in an organization.
- Experience performing as a liaison with counterparts in other organizations in order to promote the exchange of information vital to both spheres of operation.
- Experience developing and reviewing senior level policy papers on a variety of issues.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position.
How You will be Evaluated:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume will be conducted and compared against your responses to the assessment questions to determine if you are qualified for this job. Note: Responses to questions that are not fully supported by the information in your resume may result in adjustments to your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Knowledge of Management Analysis.
- Ability to make presentations/oral recommendations.
- Ability to coordinator policy paperwork.
Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a detailed resume. Applications must be received electronically by 11:59 pm on 8/8/2022. Your resume or application must clearly reflect the requirements of this position, if not your application may not be considered. Applications, which are incomplete, not received by the deadline stated above will not be considered. All materials submitted will become property of the Department of State. For any questions, please contact DS HRM at LittletonKA@state.gov.
The Bureau of Diplomatic Security has a program that allows personal services employees to be reimbursed for their health premium costs that they incur during their period of performance. The program pays 72% of the insurance premium cost (to the maximum limits set by OPM annually) for self, self plus one, or self plus family. To be eligible for the PSC Health Insurance Reimbursement Program, the PSC must be included on the plan and NOT be enrolled in any other form of group plan such as a spousal plan or a retirement plan. This program does not cover Dental or Vision supplements.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or OAA@state.gov.
If eligible, telework and/or remote work agreements may be permitted with supervisory approval. Please note that any approved remote work arrangement is subject to the locality pay area of the alternative telework worksite.
For any questions on this announcement, please contact email Kyle Littleton at LittletonKA@state.gov.