Manager of Bulldog Cards/Tickets
The Manager of Bulldog Cards/Tickets provides leadership and oversight for the efficient operation of all aspects of the Bulldog Card Office and its integrated technology systems. The position is responsible for overseeing unit budget, strategic and long-range planning, daily operations, service agreements, interdepartmental communications, and personnel management activities necessary for the Bulldog Card Office and Auxiliary Services. The Manager of Bulldog Cards/Tickets is also responsible for maintaining relationships, managing communications and collaborations with partners across campus and with external stakeholders. This position is charged with the implementation of innovate, modern and market-leading technology solutions that deliver a custom-made campus experience for the Bowie State Community and beyond.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and manage the delivery of campus cards services to students, faculty, staff, guests and vendors
- Develop, implement, and monitor operating processes and procedures for the Bulldog Card Office that are consistent with Bowie State University policies
- Continually assess all operations utilizing the campus card to develop and recommend program expansion and improvements
- Develop, implement and maintain new programmatic services including One Card, passport photos, and customer ID card uploads
- Administer campus meal plans, which includes loading annual information into the Transact and PeopleSoft databases and coordinating with Residence Life and COCM for mandatory meal plan information
- Provide first level and escalated support to any questions or concerns directed to the Bulldog Card Office including maintenance of the departmental email account
- In collaboration with Student Accounts, Information Technology, and other strategic partners on campus, develop and manage a strategic plan for full utilization and deployment of campus card technology
- Provide BSU Dining Services and off-campus merchants support for continuous operation of point of sale (cash registers) and financial tender systems
- Responsible for Card Office finances using Transact for reporting, reconciling, online deposits (eAccounts), and Bulldog Bucks payments and refunds
- Develop ID card marketing and communication documents and programs. Implement and direct ongoing promotional and informational campaigns to insure community awareness and full utilization of the campus card programs
- Coordinate New Student Orientation efforts related to services offered by the Bulldog Card Office
- Interface with existing and potential campus vendors to stimulate the development of new and/or enhanced off campus services using the campus card for payment
- Develop, implement and maintain unit goals, objectives, policies and procedures
- Develop, track, and evaluate processes necessary to assist in the accomplishment and assessment of division and departmental goals
- Oversee the collection, storage, sharing and security of data for the Bulldog Card Office
- Learn and master new and existing Transact platform service offerings
- Maintain and update content on Bulldog Card Office Website
- Lead the coordination and execution of University sponsored ticketed events including but not limited to: home football games, homecoming events, Fine and Performing Arts Center events, basketball games and commencement
- Ensure proper reconciliation, deposit and transfer of all ticketed funds received
- Provide day of staffing support for ticketed campus events
- Provide detailed reporting and analysis related to service usage with the ability to recommend programmatic changes based on campus needs
- Ensure fiscal and administrative compliance with departmental, university, and USM regulations, policies and procedures
- Assure data/transaction integrity and maintain confidentiality of information for the sole purpose of performing job duties
- Provide superior customer service to students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors by assisting with inquiries received to Auxiliary Services
- Serve as essential personnel supporting University operations during holidays, emergencies and weather-related closures as requested
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Oversee the development, enhancement, and management of supporting database systems, including provisions for system backups, maintenance and upgrades, database integrity, and data security
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance and development of interfaces with all other University computer systems (PeopleSoft, Vending, Laundry, Parking, Saxbys, Etc.).
- Implement and maintain integrated door-access control systems on campus
- Work with campus departments to identify and evaluate specific needs for automated ID and security applications
- Develop and coordinate implementation plans for the migration of hardware and software, installation, and commissioning of services into campus operations
- Select, install and test all campus card hardware and software updates
- Maintain functionality of all hardware equipment on and off campus. Develop short and long term equipment replacement plans
- Lead the investigation and resolution of software and hardware issues either directly or in partnership with others responsible for system data feeds.
- Integrate payments and credential-driven transactions for comprehensive ID Card transactions, as well as automated campus events attendance
- Other technological duties as assigned
- Oversee the supervision of student staff, which includes work allocation, training, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution
- Develop, implement, and maintain a recruitment process in line with university hiring practices
- Set and communicate program priorities and performance standards
- Evaluate performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
- Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Establish and maintain operating policies, procedures, and standards to ensure the provision of quality customer service within the office
- Create a student employee handbook for guidance and continuity
- Coordinate staffing for card office during standard hours of operation and during special events
- Other supervisory duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. Master’s degree in field related to business or technical concentration preferred.
- At minimum of five (5) years experience in an administrative or project management position
- At minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in a college or university campus card office or department performing similar duties
- Minimum two (2) years direct supervisory experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience with integrated computer system applications
- Minimum two (2) years experience working with software and hardware applications
- Minimum one (1) years experience in a technical customer service role
- Experience with ID card solutions including Blackboard or Cbord,
- Background in Auxiliary Services including Dining, Bookstore, Vending and other relevant areas
- Experience in configurable security and privilege management, and automated attendance and events helpful but not required.
- Experience with an Enterprise Software such as a transaction, SIS or ERP system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement marketing strategies and programs
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems
- Knowledge of budget preparation, cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Skill in the configuration, installation, and operation of leading-edge automated ID and security systems
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires a flexible work schedule, including late evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged but not required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
SALARY:$61,278 -$70,000 RANGE:III
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified applicants should go to https://bowiestate.peopleadmin.com/ to apply online. Paper application submissions will not be considered.
Office of Human Resources
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Bowie State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Auxiliary aids and services for individuals with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the University’s EEO Officer at 301-860-3442.
In accordance with the Cleary Act of 2000, you are advised to contact the Bowie State University Campus Police Office for Disclosure of Criminal Incidents that occur on our campus.