Director of Meeting Content Development
The Vertical Flight Society (VFS) has an immediate, full-time position for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to lead development of content for meetings and initiatives; this includes responsibility for manage the execution of several small in-person and hybrid meetings and events. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and domain knowledge with the ability to work collaboratively with a small, but highly motivated, team of passionate individuals. VFS is a charitable educational technical society focused on advancing the technology for helicopters, advanced rotorcraft, drones, and electric aircraft (sometimes referred to as “flying cars”).
This position reports directly to the Executive Director, but works closely with all six of the other members of the VFS staff — as well as VFS volunteers — to plan and execute meetings, programs and initiatives to advance vertical flight. The position is for onsite/hybrid, with flexible work hours.
- Five to 10 years' association, aerospace or aviation experience with a history of project management. College degree in engineering or science and/or related field experience.
- Knowledge of and background with aerospace industry. Domain knowledge of electric aircraft, uncrewed aircraft systems (UAS, aka “drones”), automotive electric vehicles (EVs), autonomy/artificial intelligence, military aircraft or defense programs, and/or helicopters/rotorcraft a plus.
- Past experience with any of the following is also beneficial: STEM, workforce development, diversity and inclusion, advocacy/education of Congressional and government agency decision-makers.
- Occasional travel (3-6 times a year, as desired).
- Work with staff and volunteers.
VFS is seeking a dynamic Director of Meeting Content Development who will be responsible for working with the VFS staff and volunteers to:
- Lead efforts to organize and direct webinars, webmeetings and other meetings on electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) / advanced air mobility (AAM) and advanced rotorcraft to promote greater understanding of VFS members, the public and media.
- Lead efforts to organize and direct panels, workshops, symposiums and conferences, e.g., the annual Electric VTOL Symposium, the Electric Aircraft Symposium at EAA AirVenture, the annual AAM Infrastructure Workshop, the annual H2-Aero Workshop, special sessions as the Annual Forum, etc.
- Liaise with VFS and other association working groups to help support and direct the advancement of vertical flight, such as the H2-Aero Team, H2eVTOL Council, E-VTOL Flight Test Council, NASA/VFS Transformative Vertical Flight (TVF) Working Groups, and newly emerging groups on education and flight training.
- Work with the VFS Executive Director and volunteers on outreach to federal agencies, other societies/associations and international partnerships.
- Oversee the agenda, workshops, roundtables, plenary sessions, exhibits, sponsors, receptions, off-site trips and tours. Develop and implement the schedule of events and staff assignments.
- For 3-4 meetings a year that require it: Handle hotel selection, contracting, room blocks, space allocation and meeting room set up, audio-visual, food and beverage, exhibit sales (exhibit floor planning, marketing exhibit space and recruiting exhibitors, responding to and facilitating exhibitor inquiries, assigning booth space, financial tracking of exhibit payments), sponsorship functions (agreements and fulfillment of requirements for committed sponsors), registration, off-site events and ground transportation, budget and invoice reconciliation.
ADDITIONAL POTENTIAL SCOPE
- Work with the VFS Academic Coordinator to develop and implement programs for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) outreach to pre-college students.
- Work with the VFS Technical Programs Director to promote and support the Vertical Flight Foundation (VFF) merit-based scholarship program.
- Work with the VFS Membership Director to assist with promotion of VFS and recruitment of individual, educational and corporate members.
- Work with the VFS Executive Director and other staff members on social media promotion of VFS events, membership and educational initiatives.
- Work with the VFS Executive Director on programs to advance inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) for the existing and future vertical workforce, including the VFS DiversiFlite Scholars program.
- Work with the VFS Executive Director on professional development programs to enhance the learning and understanding of vertical flight technology and related aerospace industry practices and processes (e.g. electric VTOL, rotorcraft modeling and simulation, and systems engineering).
- Work with the VFS Executive Director and the Society’s advocacy firm to developing and implementing advocacy and outreach/education strategies to Congress regarding eVTOL/AAM and advanced rotorcraft support.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and social media outreach.
- Ability to work within broad volunteer organization to develop content to further VFS's relevance.
- Ability to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate/integrate various facets of project planning and implementation.
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external team members and stakeholders.
Apply for Director of Meeting Content Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly