RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Works as an assistant for the Facilities Operations Team Leader who makes specific assignments, explains polices and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects.
- Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area.
- Operates equipment, performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment, and prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help.
- Prepares requirement lists for appropriated and Non-Appropriated supplies and equipment due to demand or need for replacement items.
- Monitors inventories and coordinates with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities.
- Inspects equipment when turned in, collects pre-set fees for damages, and tests mechanical equipment for serviceability after each use.
- Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users and removes damaged or unusable equipment from inventory.
- Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits.
- Conducts surveillance of total facility and reports any unusual findings to supervisor.
- May assist in conducting event.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- May require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
1.Demonstrated ability to performs the duties described above. Must have and retain a valid drivers license.
2.Must have and retain a valid drivers license.Additional information Area of Consideration:
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Fort Meade local commuting area
.(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)The Fort Meade local commuting area means:
Washington Local Commuting Area : District of Columbia - Maryland Local Commuting Area : Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington - Virginia Local Commuting Area : Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford - Pennsylvania Local Commuting Area : County of AdamsManual Applications:
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 11:59 by 09/21/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.Work Schedule:
Scheduled on an as-needed basis. Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required (increased hours during holidays). As FLEX (Intermittent), you may work 0-39 hours per week at management's discretion. There is NO minimum or maximum guarantee of hours you will receive to work per week.
Eligible applications received on or before the first cut-off date of May 31, 2022
will be referred to management for consideration.Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).Other:
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 80 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.