Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. (www.kokosing.biz) is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
We are seeking Equipment Operators (Heavy Highway – Roadway/Bridge projects) in the Northern Virginia and Maryland region.
Equipment Operators needed for heavy highway/utility projects; ability to run Excavator, Loader and Dozer preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks all fluids before starting engine.
- Works as needed on pipe/utility crews - work safely inside a trench box.
- Works as needed on bridge projects - moving or placing materials.
- Receives written or oral instructions from supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Observes and understands markings on ground, hand signals, or grade stakes.
- Operates equipment in safe and responsible manner.
- When Operator work is not available, works with and assists crews by performing other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Prior experience in position required. Experience must be commensurate with requirements of Project - will vary depending on project. Minimum five years related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified or approved by Safety Department or Competent person.
Must pass practical test.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.