Program Assistant/ Research Assistant
Program Assistant/ Research Assistant
Washington, DC, US
The Institute of International Finance (IIF) is the global association of the financial industry, with member firms from more than 60 countries. The IIF provides its members with innovative research, unparalleled global advocacy, and access to leading industry events that leverage its influential network. Its mission is to support the financial industry in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial, and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
The Institute’s Digital Finance team helps the financial services industry and the public sector understand technology-driven trends reshaping the industry, such as the implications of BigTech firms, the rise of digital assets, artificial intelligence and machine learning, increased automation, and cross-border connectivity. The team is also leading the effort to leverage the use of new technologies to meet regulatory and compliance challenges. Some of the key areas that the team is focusing on currently include the regulation and implications of digital currencies, the implications of and technological design of central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), international digital economic cooperation, cloud adoption and technology partnerships, the regulation of tech firms, the ethical use of data including topics such as transparency, controls and governance, commercial opportunities surrounding digital identity, and cyber intrusion. Much of the work is guided by IIF’s Steering Committee on Digital Finance which is made up of senior representatives from member firms.
The Program Assistant / Research Assistant will be responsible for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the organization of committee, working group, and other departmental meetings and events by compiling invitation lists, drafting and distributing invitations, drafting and distributing speaker invitations, monitoring registrations, and assisting with logistical preparations.
- Responsible for tracking IIF member engagement with digital finance activities through our customer resource management (CRM) system, ProTech.
- Drive production of the IIF FRT podcast including speaker management, episode planning, recording, and posting.
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Finance team by assisting with travel arrangements, organizing calendars, setting up meetings, and entering information into membership database.
- Assist in the development and distribution of digital finance documents and correspondence.
- Provide research assistance on substantive digital finance topics, produce briefings and summaries of meetings and events, and assist with the development of department publications.
IIF is pleased to provide its staff with a hybrid work environment: staff members are required to work in the office Tuesdays through Thursdays but have the option of working remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
Applicants should have a college degree in finance, economics, international studies, or related field, and at least one year of related work experience. Candidates must exhibit strong command of the English language, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required as well as a proactive approach to developing skills with the CRM system ProTech. Personal attributes such as a high degree of professionalism, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and the ability to exercise good judgement under pressure are essential.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in Word format. For more information about the IIF, please refer to our website at https://www.iif.com.
Covid Vaccine Requirement: IIF requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination against Covid. Accommodations will be provided only as required by applicable law.