CMX CinéBistro Tysons Galleria seeks a General Manager with a "People First" leadership style to join our winning team in providing the ULTIMATE movie going experience to our community!
$5000 Hiring Bonus!
About CMX Cinemas:
CMX Cinemas premiered in April 2017, offering guests an innovative VIP movie-going experience. Since that time, CMX has grown organically and through acquisition, notably acquiring Cobb Theatres and CinéBistro locations. With 30+ locations across the country, we proudly promote a people-driven culture, investing significantly in the development of our teams, providing high achievers with many opportunities to grow professionally.
About CMX CinéBistro Tysons Galleria :
Located just outside of Washington DC in Northern Virginia CMX CinéBistro Tysons Galleria provides a world class dinner-and-a-movie experience, featuring a scratch kitchen with Executive Chef-crafted American Bistro cuisine, signature cocktails, a curated wine collection, and it’s all served right to you in your seat. The location features six auditoriums, oversized reclining seats, and cutting-edge digital technology. The trendy CMX Stone SportsBar is located in the lounge of the theater and provides sports enthusiasts a redefined experience to watch their favorite teams on giant LED screens, handcrafted cocktails, and an extensive beer and wine list.
Summary of Position:
The General Manager is responsible for managing daily operations. Provides ongoing direction, coaching, and development of teams to ensure the ultimate entertainment experience for our guests, employment experience for our team members, and maximum results in sales and profits. Responsible to ensure quality of all operational standards exceed the expectations of our guests and our company. Demonstrates and ensures CMX Cinemas’ philosophy, culture and values are consistently applied in all areas of daily theatre management. Assures CMX Cinemas’ policies and procedures are known and consistently upheld in theatre operations.
- General Manager or Senior Level Management experience, preferably in an upper casual or white tablecloth, high volume restaurant environment. A blend of experience in both corporate chain and independently owned concepts is preferred
- Track record must demonstrate solid experience and knowledge in training and development, coaching and corrective action; guest service; business development -- driving/attracting business; P&L impact | cost controls; quality standards; building relationships with staff, superiors, and guests - teamwork
- Passion for and commitment to the restaurant/theater industry
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach to thinking required to lead an emerging concept/brand (i.e., sees big picture, embraces critical thinking, quest for continuous improvement, innovative)
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them, even when there isn’t a clear precedent or direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly articulate directions and expectations to staff and management and has the sincere desire to build, coach, and develop successful teams
- Commitment to fostering an environment of superior guest service and quality; ability to successfully resolve guest service issues
- Dedicated to guest-first mentality, genuine hospitality and guest engagement
- 5 years of experience as a Restaurant Manager or similar role
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge and able to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Self-starter, self-motivating, and self-managing
- Strong supervisory, leadership, and people development skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, delegation, and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a personal computer, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Thorough understanding of financial management along with good time-management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills - Ability to implement short and long-range strategy while achieving day-to-day results
- Demonstrated proper dedication to the team member experience, recognizing the significant value this has on the guest experience
- Great interpersonal and communication skill - can clearly and concisely communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to relocate as needed for upward mobility strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
Working for CMX Cinemas has some really great perks:
- $5000 Hiring Bonus!
- Highly competitive compensation
- 401(k) (company match)
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (H.S.A.)
- Life and disability insurance
- Free movies and meals
- Paid vacation
- Professional career development opportunities based on performance
CMX Cinemas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting diversity and inclusion of all as being foundational to our culture.