Engineer I/II Plan Review
3 days left
- Full Time
Under close supervision of the Chief, Plan Review, assists in review of site plans and related plans to determine whether proposed water system facilities meet Fairfax Water requirements, and maintaining compliance with Virginia Department of Health Local Review Program (General Construction Permit).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Assists in reviewing general, site, and other types of plans associated with land development, and determining whether the proposed water facilities comply with Fairfax Water criteria or will impact existing Fairfax Water facilities.
Assists in coordinating all aspects of plan review among Fairfax Water departments and outside agencies and parties.
Assists in performing hydraulic analysis, including calculation of available fire flow.
Coordinating with the Chief, Plan Review, to determine how the proposed development may affect overall transmission and distribution system goals.
Assists in coordinating with Chief, Plan Review regarding impacts of Fairfax Water and transportation projects on development activity.
Assists in identifying system improvements in conjunction with development activity.
- Graduation from a four year college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Infrastructure Engineering.
- Possession of an EIT certificate or the ability to obtain certification within one year.
- General knowledge of the theory and practice of civil engineering relating to the design and construction of public water supply facilities, particularly water distribution systems.
- General knowledge of hydraulics, topographic and construction surveying, drafting methods, engineering economics and real property descriptions.
- Working knowledge of engineering design software including GIS software, and CAD software packages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel software.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and perform job duties with close supervision.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
- Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.