Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Lead Software Engineer, Back End (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. What You'll Do:
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Build a team of involved, motivated software developers with all seniority levels
- Handle shoulder-to-shoulder with the engineers any challenge that may arise
- Be familiar with our tech stack: Python, AWS, Kubernetes, serverless design.
- Experience with DevOps, and MLOps practices
- Ensure a work environment where practices and tools are continuously challenged and improved
- Help engineers and architects design solutions that are scalable and have been well thought-out
- Ensure an agile practice that adds value in each of its artifacts (scrums, groomings, retros, others), applied consistently and continuously improving
- Enforce existing process guidelines, driving new processes/guidelines/team rules
- Following and advocating for engineering best practices
- Following the State of the Art in the industry and guiding product roadmap with findings
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software development leadership
- Partner closely with product management on new business initiatives (grooming, prioritizing, delivery, impediment removal, solutions architecture)
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, road maps, and timelines
- Lead technical discussions across cross functional teams
- Provide senior level support and leadership within our core technologies which include Python, AWS (Lambdas, step functions, DynamoDB, others), React
- Continue to shape the team's business capabilities on the cloud with AWS
- Recruit top talent and ensure team members are sharpening their skills and growing their careers
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Java, Scala, Python, Go, or Node.js
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).