If you are passionate about assisting and supporting students in an effective remote learning environment, then Carlos Rosario has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are in search of a Citizenship Instructor who will instruct our adult immigrant students on how to successfully pass the USCIS naturalization interview and tests and prepares them to become productive citizens. The Citizenship Instructor accomplishes this by integrating knowledge of teaching English as a Second Language (ESL), U.S. history, U.S. government, geography, civics, and the naturalization process into coherent lessons. The Citizenship Instructor is expected to create a supportive learning environment and to provide excellent instruction that supports students’ diverse educational backgrounds, learning styles, and English language abilities. The responsibilities of the position include creating materials specific to the assigned level,selecting class textbooks, designing a class syllabus, writing daily lesson plans to directly address all student needs, facilitating class in a virtual environment and with digital tools as well as in an in-person setting, supporting students’ development of digital skills, and working with and guiding technology paraeducators, tutors, and volunteers when needed. The Instructor is expected to engage with multiple forms of data, both formal and informal, to help students successfully pass the Citizenship exam. Additionally, the role of the Citizenship Instructor requires the management of key data points. Monitoring student progress through the citizenship process, daily attendance, student scores, and timecards are examples of the administrative responsibilities that extend beyond the time-spent teaching in the classroom.
• Assists students in acquiring the skills necessary to pass the Citizenship exam.
• Instructs students in U.S. history, government, geography, and civics and in the requirements, process, terminology, and interview skills necessary for obtaining U.S. HR Job Post Updated Jul-22 citizenship.
• Masters technology tools (such as Zoom, Remind, Schoology, USALearns, and Google Suite among others) and facilitates student learning in a virtual environment and in-person classroom setting, incorporating technology tools in routines, synchronous and asynchronous instruction, and independent study assignments.
• Provides for different learning styles, education levels, abilities, and technology skills.
• Creates a positive learning environment for adult learners and encourages students’ active participation and regular attendance.
• Creates course syllabus and assessments according to content‐based Carlos Rosario Curriculum, ESL level, pre‐test scores, and studentgoals.
• Prepares clear and concise daily lesson plans including objectives, available to supervisors.
• Informs students about opportunities to apply for citizenship and legal service providers.
• Monitors students’ progress through the entire citizenship process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least two of the following: Teaching Certification; Master’s degree in Adult Education, Linguistics, TESOL, language studies, or a related field; or at least three years of teaching experience
• 2-3 years of experience teaching adult education to ESL students.
• Experience teaching Citizenship to immigrant second-language learners and assisting naturalization applicants prepare for their USCIS interviews and tests.
• Experience teaching in a virtual or hybrid environment and excellent knowledge of technology tools.
• Excellent knowledge of US history, government and civics and the citizenship examination and interview.
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to use technology in administrative duties including, but not limited to word processing
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f 4-564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=440428&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.