Sr. Administrative Assistant- Events Planning
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is a multi-mission science operations center for NASA's flagship observatories. Our world-class astronomical research center is based on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland. (Click here to learn more about STScI).
The Business Support Branch is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Events Planning Group (EPG). You will plan and execute STScI events including workshops, colloquia and meetings. Your strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills will allow you to manage multiple events simultaneously, while providing outstanding customer service to a wide range of internal and external partners.
This position could support virtual work. However, working onsite is required during preparation for and in support of in-person events. Candidates must reside in our local market to be able to report on-site when needed.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills, with an emphasis on delivering outstanding customer service to all stakeholders
- Solid time management skills allowing management of multiple events, while remaining highly organized and accurate
- Innovative thinker and problem solver who feels comfortable exercising independent judgment in an environment that can be fast-paced at times
- Ability to work efficiently alone and in a team environment, while adapting to changing priorities and managerial styles
Your Role and Responsibilities include:
- Organize, plan and manage all aspects of the event planning process including pre-planning, logistics coordination, execution and post-event review for in-person, hybrid and virtual events
- Work with in-house teams and departments for event webpage creation, advertising and AV requirements
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external partners and vendors
- Assist EPG Management with budget planning and special projects
- Work with external vendors and caterers to obtain required event supplies and services
- Assist event participants with reservations for travel arrangements and expense reports
Your Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Several years of experience with event planning and management
- Intermediate to Expert skills using Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the following software/systems is preferred: Deltek/Costpoint, Aventri, BlueJeans, WebEx
- Some college or technical coursework is strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Hospitality a plus
Candidates must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident. ITAR clearance is required.
To Apply: Share your experience by uploading a resume and completing an online application. Applications received by August 5, 2022 will receive full consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered until the position is filled
Explore our jobs: www.stsci.edu/opportunities
COVID Working Protocols: https://outerspace.stsci.edu/display/CWP
STScI embraces the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in creating a first-rate community. We reflect this deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities (Click here to learn more about how we foster Diversity & Inclusion). Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements that are included for protection and to assist us in our record-keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.