Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Specialty Underwriting & Portfolio Management, Healthcare Leveraged Lending
The Underwriting and Portfolio Management organization is responsible for working with internal partners to underwrite new transactions and manage the existing portfolio of loans. Our Underwriters and Portfolio Managers balance supporting the Commercial's Bank's growth and ensuring we have a scalable, well-managed business. This role supports the Healthcare Cash Flow team.
As an Analyst, Underwriting & Portfolio Management, you understand fundamental credit risk management and are able to identify risks and mitigants in a deal and/or annual review. You have oversight from more experienced members of the team, but contribute to transactions in a meaningful way. This includes financial statement analysis, underwriting due diligence, compliance, approval and documentation. Primary underwriting responsibilities may include :
Primary portfolio or asset management responsibilities may include :
- Perform due diligence on industry and company performance; summarize findings & identify risks and mitigants
- Analyze financial statements and spreads for credit strengths and risks; provide recommendations to mitigate risks
- Prepare financial modeling inputs with guidance i.e. valuation, pricing, etc.
- Evaluate structural enhancements and Capital One product offerings with guidance from deal team or relationship manager
- Write and prepare credit approval documents; participate in presentations to credit officers
- Work with internal partners to assist with closing process requirements
- Prepare term sheets, commitment letters and fee letters with guidance; basic understanding of credit documents
Additional Responsibilities may include :
- Demonstrate ownership of a portfolio of existing customers with minimal guidance
- Complete annual reviews and both material and non-material modifications on time with limited supervision
- Monitor and determine upgrades or downgrades to risk ratings
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures for existing accounts
- Respond to requests from internal audit and compliance
- Ensure portfolio data is accurate, timely, and complete to ensure strong quality and reporting capabilities
- Mentor and train rotational analysts and new hires
- Participate in internal initiatives to ensure the business is well-managed and operates efficiently
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial statement analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. #UWPM #HybridRole
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant fields
- Previous experience in underwriting or portfolio or asset management
- Completed coursework or training in credit risk management
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).