The Senior Cybersecurity IT Specialist
shall provide a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and knowledge of the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practices. Responsibilities
- Support assigned systems and work with various engineering, technology, and operations teams to define, explain, and implement security configuration controls.
- Work with technical leads to translate information into a risk mitigation strategy.
- Provide information to support policy decisions regarding The Treasury Department's cybersecurity framework.
- Clearly communicate specific cybersecurity concerns and provide solutions to incorporate effective measures against possible compromise as part of the organization's cybersecurity strategic plan.
- Research security standards, security systems, and authentication protocols.
- Provide technical supervision for and guidance to the ACIO/CS PMOs.
- Define and assist with implementation and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
- Select and assist with configuration of relevant types of common security hardware and software to implement a security policy.
- Lead the design and assist in the preparation of technical reports, studies, and related documentation, making charts and graphs to record results, prepare and deliver presentations, training, and briefings as required.
- Management of IT security and IT risk (e.g., data systems, network and/or web) across the enterprise.
- Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations.
- Facilitate IT security/risk training curriculum.
- Serve as project manager/lead within IT security projects.
- Complete annual company and customer required training, as required.
- Complete timesheet daily in online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters preferred
- 5+ years of senior level technical expertise with specialized experience in cybersecurity and interoperability for complex hardware, software, automated information systems is required
- CISSP required
- Must have knowledge, skills, and abilities in one or more of the following cybersecurity concepts, architecture principles, security of networks, applications and data, security implications, and adoption of evolving cyber technology
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a favorable Department of Treasury background investigation for the life cycle of the project
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Experience in the subject matter at a similar size, scope, and complexity as required by this task order.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity architecture.
- Ability to capture high level technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Be highly motivated, independent thinker and team player, with a sense of urgency, and ability to meet management and customer deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Have the ability to capture high level technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Must have the ability to take and pass a drug test (the department may require drug screening for probable cause at any time).
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress, performance-based environment.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel 10% as required.
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program