Sr. Penetration Tester
SiloSmashers, Inc. is a strategy, technology, and management consulting firm, founded in 1992, and located in Reston, Virginia. SiloSmashers delivers superior services and solutions to the public sector in the areas of project/program management, performance management, and IT security. The company provides innovative, collaborative business approaches, and proven methodologies that enable customers to break down organizational silos and optimize operational efficiency to achieve peak performance and mission success. Come join our team!
The Penetration Tester III will provide testing for weakness identification, exploitation, and analysis. Determine the security impacts to current systems and networks. This may also include the testing of physical equipment and supporting development of initial baseline configurations and hardening to ensure system security when deployed. Responsibilities will focus on developing solutions that further the goals of CISA and leveraging virtualization to deliver capability faster.
- Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations in a team environment
- Conduct internal and external network penetration testing
- Application Penetration Testing (Browser-based, API, Mobile):
- Conduct Mobile Application penetration testing on both iOS and Andriod platforms
- Conduct API penetration testing
- Conduct Web application penetration testing
- Conduct source code reviews for security vulnerabilities
- Conduct security assessments on a wide variety of technologies and implementations
- Simulate sophisticated cyberattacks to identify vulnerabilities for client worldwide
- Cloud solutions penetration testing
- Social Engineering
- Wireless Assessments
- Physical Assessments
- Red Teams
- Advise the client on technical security or compliance activities
- Manages priorities and tasks to achieve delivery utilization targets
- Performs work with professionalism both with internal team members and the client
- Ensure quality products and services are delivered on time
- Continues to develop professional skills with relevant industry certifications
- Maintains and grows strong depth of knowledge in the practice areas
- Strong knowledge of network devices, security solutions, technology platforms
- Secret Clearance Required
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain DHS Suitability
- BA/BS in relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience:
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Designing computer security architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs.
- Certified OSCP and GPEN is preferred
- Hands on experience with two or more scripting languages: Powersell, Shell, Ruby and Python
- Familiarity with XML, SOAP, JSON, and AJAX
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools and suite of tools: Burp Suite Pro, Acunetix, NetSparker, Kali Linux, and Colbalt Strike
- Experience working management in a consultative manner
- Strong IT background with respect to networks, servers, workstations and applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, good technical writing skills, be able to produce assessment reports, and operating procedures
- Experience with Tenable, Nessus, Splunk and Tanium
- COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, SiloSmashers is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security. As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, SiloSmashers requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date (providing proof) or submit an accommodations request for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs after accepting and signing extended offer.
What we offer:
SiloSmashers offers its employees opportunities to be their best in careers in management and technology consulting. There is a place at SiloSmashers for experienced professionals, transitioning military personnel, new graduates, cleared professionals, and referrals from current SiloSmashers employees. At SiloSmashers you will do important work, surrounded by professional colleagues, in a company that is dedicated to client satisfaction.
SiloSmashers strives to offer an environment where employees can achieve everything that is important to them. To support this philosophy, we provide not only competitive compensation, retirement benefits, health benefits, and work-life and wellness programs, but also leave programs, and career growth opportunities. For more information please visit the SiloSmashers website at www.SiloSmashers.com.
SiloSmashers, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.