Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Washington D.C.
- Jul 18, 2022
- Aug 22, 2022
- Administrative, Human Resources
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Talent Acquisition Specialist to successfully manage the full-cycle recruitment of open positions in a fast-paced global non-profit. The incumbent will assist with other activities that support HR departmental and organizational objectives.
This is a one-year, full-time, exempt, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC. We are currently working on a hybrid model of 2 days per week in the office and 3 days remote.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with hiring managers and search committees to identify and attract highly qualified diverse candidates for open positions using creative and diverse sourcing techniques such as social media, seminars, conferences, universities, and networks/networking events.
- Develop recruitment strategies to meet the talent needs and unique requirements of open positions
- Ensure a diverse talent pool is sourced, assessed, and presented for open positions
- Facilitate the recruitment process, effectively interviewing and evaluating candidates utilizing consistent criteria and evaluative measures
- Advise hiring managers on job offers and salary recommendations. Extend, negotiate, and close job offers to candidates.
- Build relationships with leadership and staff at-large
- Ensures HR processes are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure EEO and recruiting practices are consistently administered throughout the hiring process and documented in the appropriate manner
- Provide recommendations about the recruitment process to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with divisions to identify the need for promotions, upgrades, and changes to positions.
- Manage the appointment and extension process for staff, nonresident fellows and Research emeritus.
- Assist managers and staff in responding to employment concerns.
- Manage the annual EEO and AAP compliance process.
- Prepare documentation, compiles data, and maintains records for reporting.
- Participate in audits when required.
- Supervise the Recruiting Coordinator to assure effective support such as local recruitment, recruitment logistics, coordination of requests for temporary employees, and related services.
- Participate in special HR projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of relevant professional experience in recruitment and general human resource management and operations or Master’s degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience in recruitment and general human resource management and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of US labor laws, practices and regulations, particularly with regards to recruitment and talent management.
- Demonstrated positive and proactive approach to delivery of human resource services with a strong service-orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and show attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an active, collaborative and participatory member of an HR team.
- Willingness to cross-train in order to back-up other HR functional team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Strong presentation, communication, and analytical skills.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.