Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Communications AssociateOur Vision
At Capital One, we think big and do big things.We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a nationally recognized brand, a top 10 bank, and a scientific laboratory on a journey to become a leading high-tech company and digital innovator touching over 65 million customer accounts.
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way for our customers, the financial industry and for each other.Our goal is simple to bring simplicity, ingenuity and humanity to banking and beyond. Job Description
Our relentless focus and drive to create better experiences for our customers starts with how we lead our teams and inspire our associates.We're looking for a teammate to support stellar associate communications for the Audit organization, as we look to inform, engage and inspire associates to do their best work and support our mission to Change Banking for Good .
Here's what we mean. Do you cringe when you see grammatical errors? (Especially when you know they are unintentional?) Do you obsess over the data so you can figure out what makes people tick? Are you able to take something that feels stale and turn it into something that people actually want to read or watch or listen to? If you answered yes, then you are the person we want to talk to about an exciting opportunity on the Audit Communications team.
The team is made up of communications and marketing professionals who are passionate about helping our most senior leaders to rally associates, celebrate and showcase success, and create transparency for organizational change. In other words, our team is changing the employee communications game and we were even recognized by PR Week as one of the "Best Places to Work 2020" for in-house communications.
We're looking to add a Principal Communications Associate who is...
- Obsessed with creating an inviting, integrated and engaging experience for our associates
- A powerful storyteller with super strong writing skills
- Able to adjust tone and voice for written communications on behalf of executive clients
- A marketer at heart who likes to connect with people directly
- Familiar with (and knows how to use) digital channels, plus hungry to learn about cutting-edge marketing approaches and technology
- A caring teammate, partner and collaborator
You'll be great at this role if you are a...
- Delectably strong writer. You are applying because your writing is crystal clear, concise, and has a touch of humanity.
- Natural collaborator. You'll work with multiple people across multiple teams to find the ultimate solution that works for our associates and our business, so we need you to like being around people.
- Unapologetic dreamer. We need you to be willing to push the boundaries to test new ways of communicating, then learn and adapt and dream some more.
- Bachelor's Degree OR military experience
- At least 3 years of communications experience
- Direct marketing or brand marketing experience, particularly with campaigns
- A history of client management
- Published writer
- Have Proficiency with Adobe, Google Suite, Poppulo
- Customer engagement experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).