Winning Strategies Washington (WSW) is a growing independent, bipartisan federal government relations firm with a proven track record of success representing corporate, non-profit, and public sector clients in the defense, healthcare, education, energy, transportation, pharma, biotech, engineering, telecom, and aerospace industries, among many more.
WSW is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to manage the firm’s financial and bookkeeping duties. This is a full-time and ideally in-person position located in our Washington, D.C. office, although remote applicants will also be considered. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Managing Partner and will be responsible for administering all aspects of the firm’s multi-state payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processes in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, and encourages, supports, and celebrates our employees. Our approach to diversity is simple—it’s about embracing everyone and building a culture where all employees can bring their best selves to work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather and maintain all relevant employee and new hire documentation and other information to ensure accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly and monthly payroll.
- Manage all billing and payments, including monthly invoicing (mail and electronic), for clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Oversee all components of accounts receivable and accounts payable, including making bank deposits; executing payments via check, direct deposit, or wire transfer; and managing accounts in QuickBooks.
- Oversee and coordinate staff 401(k)s with WSW’s financial services company, Fidelity, including benefits, renewals, deductions, and safe harbor.
- Record and balance payroll, health, dental, 401(k)s, vendor bills, etc. for accounting purposes. Work closely with WSW’s accounting firm to prepare partner K-1 statements, employee W-2 statements, and WSW’s annual tax returns.
- Prepare and provide workers compensation audit information. Prepare annual budget and income information, analyze projected and actual budget performance on an ongoing basis, and provide quarterly presentations and updates to partners.
- Maintain and renew business registration and other certifications of the firm in good standing.
- Work closely with partners and principals on a variety of key responsibilities, including:
- Draft, execute, and renew client contracts, as needed.
- Collect past due accounts.
- Prepare monthly reports and year-end summaries of expenses charged through corporate American Express account, and record in QuickBooks.
- Calculate and update compensation packages and ownership shares.
- Experience: Five years in a similar level role required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Certified Payroll Professional or equivalent certification required.
- Must have direct experience with QuickBooks Professional Accounting Software, Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, ADP payroll services, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal income tax and wage laws.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and client-service skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, and 401(k).
Apply for Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly