Human Services Project Coordinator
BLH seeks Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Assistant Coaches with more than seven years of experience working in the human services arena. Knowledge of federal contracting, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and other safety net programming and stakeholders is required.
TTA Assistant Coaches will work at our offices in Rockville, Maryland, providing a range of technical assistance (TA) services and support for a joint Office of Family Assistance (OFA) and Office of Community Services (OCS) contract. This position reports directly to the Project Manager and will support multiple tasks that include:
- Support the provision of TTA coaching and guidance to TANF and community action agencies (CAAs) as COVID and Safety Net Innovation (CASI) sites with the goal of facilitating development of comprehensive approaches to streamlining services that make up the safety net.
- Support the delivery of TTA coaching and guidance to help CASI sites to better understand safety net challenges faced by recipients in the wake of COVID-19.
- Assist sites in developing a tailored approach for identifying and mapping administrative data from key partners.
- Work with the Project Manager and TTA Coaches to coordinate TTA delivery services to select CASI sites.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with TTA Coaches and CASI sites and safety net stakeholders to develop action plans and assist with strategic guidance, resource identification, partner development, and other related activities.
- Work with TTA Coaches and subject matter experts (SMEs) to help sites respond to COVID-19 and its impacts on safety net participants' outcomes.
- Identify current safety net capabilities and develop a plan to address gaps.
- Assist sites in assessing client needs, identifying data sets, and obtaining and utilizing administrative data for goals.
- Deliver TTA services that include workplan development, metrics collection, tracking and monitoring, and timeline maintenance.
- Assist sites in building internal capacity.
- A Master's degree in a related discipline is required.
- A minimum seven years of relevant TTA coaching experience in support of social service programs and policies is required.
- Strong knowledge of safety net programming, including TANF, is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and digital platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.