PreSales Engineer will be expected to interface with decision makers at all levels in the customer environment they serve as well as oversee the design, implementation, documentation, and testing of complex enterprise solutions to meet mission requirements. Principal Architects will work individually or as a team lead, directing efforts form other engineers to accomplish the most complex system and solution designs.
TS clearance is required.
- PreSales Engineer is responsible for technical and mission requirements discovery, enterprise solution design, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers. This role is expected to be able to present complex technical solutions to customer engineers and executive decision makers in a manner that is understandable by either group. Build relationships with customers, visit customer sites, document requirements discovery, and understand current infrastructure challenges and desired end-states. Collaborate with Account team to assist in strategic account planning and execution. Work with OEM Partner account teams to develop solutions. Engage in discovery discussions with customers to understand and document mission needs and design requirements necessary for optimal solutions. Identify opportunities for discrete solutions and larger programs. Ability to design datacenter solutions including SAN/NAS/Object storage, HCI systems, compute systems and datacenter networking. Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Orchestration and Automation, Managed Services and the Software Defined Datacenter.
- Expert knowledge of overall Enterprise technology, products, and operating models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.). Document solutions, via diagrams and writing; present the solutions to the customer; map the benefits of proposed solutions to mission challenges. Follows Industry product/technology trends through self-study and formal training. Must be able to relay that knowledge to customers. Being the technical lead for ID customers. Being the trusted advisor for ID customers. Must be able to work independently and as a team lead where the other team members do not directly report to the Senior Enterprise Architect. This is not a leadership position but requires leadership skills.
• Active TS clearance required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum 15 years of pre-sales engineering or technical architect experience
• A record of achievement and technical solution expertise
• OEM certifications, or equivalent technical credentials
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Willingness to travel 50% or more.