Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Compensation
Capital One is focused on developing the best tools to help pay incentives for associates. We are working to improve the associate experience and how they can understand and be paid for their incentives. We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one's contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. We are looking at how we can simplify, automate, and deliver on our line of business incentives for our associates. You will have a history of gathering requirements and digging into the details of business objectives. Your experience of being able to translate these requirements into terms that others can develop solutions will be critical. In addition, you value the importance of ensuring strong governance for ensuring we effectively and accurately pay our associates.
Capital One is looking for a Principal Associate, Compensation to join our Total Rewards team. The ideal candidate for this role should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders.
- Consult on compensation matters with Human Resource Consultants and Senior Director / VP level business leaders
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Conduct job evaluation using market data and internal evaluation and regularly analyze our market position on jobs
- Assist senior compensation consultants with development of proposals and presentations about compensation programs (including market data and appropriate pay levels/targets) to influence and educate senior level decision-makers
- Draft plans, educational materials, and communications designed to provide associates, managers, and HR partners with timely and accurate information regarding compensation initiatives
- Manage job descriptions for your clients, including auditing jobs for content and preparing job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities and requirements, as needed
- Audit and analyze internal compensation practices in relation to relevant regulations. Develop recommendations for corrective actions as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Compensation or at least 3 years of experience in Finance or at least 3 years of experience in Analytics, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in Excel
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- At least 5+ years of experience in Compensation or 5+ years of experience in Finance or 5+ years of experience in Analytics, or a combination
- At least 2+ years of experience in a client facing or consulting roles
- At least 1+ year of experience with Workday
- At least 4+ years of experience building compensation models and conducting pay analysis
- Advanced excel skills (VBA, macros, array functions)
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation including knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to compensation
- Experience with benchmarking tools (MarketPay) or reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).