Do you have a friendly and welcoming demeanor? Are you passionate about maintaining an organized and functional workspace? Do you enjoy working in a diverse environment? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are in search of an Office Assistant who will welcome visitors and answer their questions while directing them to the appropriate person or resource. The Office assistant answers the telephones, routes calls and takes messages. In addition, the Office Assistant is responsible for a number of administrative tasks, which include ordering office supplies, making copies and managing various school-wide correspondences with visitors, faculty, and staff while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Organizes and maintains current and accurate filing of general correspondence, records, and other reference materials and adhering to industry standard document retention practices.
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, providing school information and answering or referring inquiries to the appropriate member of staff.
• Assists in the process of requisition and receipt of supplies in accordance with department guidelines.
• Performs administrative task including but not limited to, preparing, and maintaining correspondence and reports for the managers, maintaining staff directories, and preparing school packages for visitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of administrative experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to work as a team player and to function effectively under pressure.
• Knowledge and experience using Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and techniques.
• Strong customer service in a diverse environment.
• Ability to fluently speak a foreign language is preferred (Spanish/Amharic).
• Ability to interact with populations of diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds.
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f4- 564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=440307&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.