Are you passionate about helping students achieve their academic goals? Do you enjoy working in a diverse environment? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are seeking an Assistant Principal who is responsible for the operations of the school’s academic programs. The Assistant Principal will contribute to and coordinate the future development of programming, which may include forms of distance learning. As an instructional leader, the Assistant Principal will help direct and coordinate instructional programs including curriculum, instruction, and assessment. As an administrative leader, they will work collaboratively to implement clear systems, policies, and procedures to support the smooth running of the school to maximize student achievement. The Assistant Principal will work closely with the Registration, Assessment and Student Services departments to manage academic operation of the school.
● Observe and provide feedback to instructional personnel in the implementation of curriculum and serve as direct supervisor of assigned faculty
● Respond to teachers’ requests for guidance, materials, field trips and other support for curriculum implementation
● Support the work of critical academic teams and initiatives to include, the tutorial team, Student Academic Resource Team, and the Targeted Reading Intervention Group
● Work with teachers in the supervision of paraeducators
● Participate in committee or other group work to meet strategic and timely school needs
● Supervise and evaluate assigned teaching staff by using the Teacher Evaluation Agreement forms, conducting informal and formal observations and providing direct, timely feedback to teachers
● Proactively respond to student discipline and behavioral issues and actively fosters an inclusive school culture that exemplifies the school’s values and support registration process throughout the school year
● Coordinate with the registration office in the implementation of regulations regarding transfers, adds, drops and daily attendance
● Collaborate with Student Services team on student issues, supports and interventions
● Assists in the development of budgets for academic programming
● Strategically manages staff resources, assigning and scheduling teachers and staff to roles and responsibilities that optimize professional capacity to address each student’s learning needs
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● A Master’s degree in Education Administration, Adult Education, ESOL, Bilingual Education or related field, and a minimum of 5 years professional experience in adult education, with a minimum of three years teaching experience, or the appropriate combination of education and experience
● Teaching experience with culturally and linguistically diverse students is preferred
● Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English as well as an additional language, Spanish or Amharic preferred
● Experience working with and/or an understanding of issues related to adult education and the challenges faced by a diverse immigrant population required
● Strong understanding of best practices in adult education, curriculum and assessment development and instruction, as well as national standards and initiatives in adult education (i.e., CASAS, CCR Standards, Workforce Development)
● Ability to create a safe and compassionate learning environment through leading excellence in teaching and learning
● Effective mediation skills with sensitivity to cross-cultural issues to resolve conflicts;
● Strong reasoning and problem-solving abilities
● Demonstrated proficiency in student success in distance learning environments
● High Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite and common educational applications
● Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
● Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Schedule: This position is required to work two evenings a week 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm.
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f4- 564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=439768&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.