Professional Development Coordinator
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 10,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
Primary Function: The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is seeking a Professional Development Coordinator to expand our efforts in supporting career and professional development of molecular life scientists at every step of their career, with specific emphasis on coordinating programs targeted at graduate students, postdoctoral scientists, and early-career investigators.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Professional Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate professional development webinars and workshops for ASBMB MOSAIC scholars Facilitate monthly meetings between MOSAIC scholars and their assigned coaches Coordinate logistics of the IMAGE grant writing workshop In collaboration with department director, plan and implement career development programming at the ASBMB annual meeting Assist the Education and Professional Development Committee with planning of relevant thematic sessions at the ASBMB annual meeting Serve as liaison to the graduate and postdoctoral subcommittee of the Education and Professional Development Committee Serve as the ASBMB liaison to the pd|hub Scientific Societies Working Group Develop content related to the department’s programs for the Society’s website, member magazine, and marketing efforts Attend events as assigned by the department director (minimal travel) Other duties as assigned
Positions may be reassigned, and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences preferred
- Prior experience at a non-profit scientific or higher education organization preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and online meeting and webinar platforms
- Familiarity with social media platforms a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work creatively as part of a team or autonomously
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org.
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.