Senior Marketing Manager
The Senior Marketing Manager will join a diverse innovative team of communications strategists, event experience experts and marketing professionals responsible for creating memorable event and membership experiences. NEI is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager that partners with key stakeholder teams across the organization to develop and execute compelling marketing strategies, campaigns and messaging that drive and grow attendance for its virtual and in-person events, support and strengthen membership recruitment and retention, and promotes NEI programs and services.
This person will partner and collaborate with the advocacy communications, marketing/events teams as well as project leads across the organization to develop innovative marketing solutions that are unified, exceptional and audience focused.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Senior Creative Director to understand NEI’s business objectives, brand strategy and audience needs and lead the development of comprehensive marketing plans to promote and grow NEI’s membership, events, services and products strategy.
- Lead the marketing team on its day-to-day activities and manage the performance and development of direct reports.
- Develop processes, procedures and guidelines to facilitate the smooth operation of the marketing department.
- Track marketing campaign metrics to assess and analyze effectiveness of channels and messaging. Use metrics to determine which products and services create the most value and report out on key performance indicators.
- Utilize market research and analyze membership data to understand the needs, interests, motivations and demographics of current and prospective members to inform membership marketing efforts, as well as professional development and other NEI training resources.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of compelling, brand-based member-focused content such as, emails, presentations, and videos tailored to the motivations, needs and interests of the target audience.
- Expand and diversify member reach for programs, events and products to increase revenue by using targeted marketing tools and tactics.
- Partner with the design team to develop member-focused visual assets, advertisements for internal and external placements and collateral for all member campaigns
- Lead the marketing team to conceptualize and develop strategic marketing plans ensuring measurable objectives and clear KPIs are set and aligned with business and brand goals
- Report out regularly on campaign performance, program updates, competitor insights, and market trends.
- Create and encourage an inclusive, collaborative and empowering environment for the marketing team to do innovative and impactful work.
- Experience in past marketing roles that influenced business strategy and decision making in constantly evolving environments.
- Extraordinary written communication skills: including the ability to consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct summaries. Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Outstanding management and leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and drive decision-making across the organization.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and build a market around new concepts and ideas
- Experience with email marketing platforms and customer relations management database; Marketo and Impexium experience preferred.
- Proactive, resourceful approach to rapidly solving problems and getting results.
- Confidence under pressure.
- Active listener with meticulous attention to details
- Project management, people management and organizational skills
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing communications, 3 -5 years association and membership marketing experience; and a minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or related field