The Director of the Quality Assurance Division leads compliance with OMB Circular A-123 "Managements Responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control," the Chief Financial Officer's Act (CFO Act) and other key financial management regulatory requirements. The incumbent develops and executes quality assurance programs, internal control structure and related reviews, develops enforcement measures, and ensures compliance with NASA Financial Management regulations and other related policies. Specifically, the Director:
- Manages the Agency Financial and Management Quality Assurance function.
- Leads the Agency Statement of Assurance Program.
- Ensures that the Financial Management Quality Assurance is an integral part of NASA's financial and business management policies.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, effective quality assurance program that successfully evaluates and systematically reports on the efficacy of Agency-wide financial management controls.
- Examines the effectiveness of all levels of management in their stewardship of fiscal resources and their compliance with established financial management policies and procedures.
- Recommends improvements to financial management controls that safeguard NASA's fiscal resources, promotes operational efficiency, and ensure compliance with Federal laws and regulations.
- Conducts special reviews or examinations at the request of Agency management.
- Supervises staff including accountants, auditors, and analysts that are subordinate and report to the Director within the Quality Assurance Division. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- The individual selected will be required to file an 'Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Initial Senior Executive Service (SES) Career appointee is subject to a one-year probationary period.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug testing may be required.
- Must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Please see the Additional Information section for important information about COVID-19.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
You must have the skill and ability to perform the duties described above as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience, normally obtained over several years by serving in positions at the GS-15 level or equivalent.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you MUST
address each Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) and Mandatory Technical Qualification (MTQ) separately. If you fail to do so, your application will be rated ineligible. We recommend you provide two (2) examples of relevant experience for each ECQ. Responses to ALL ECQs must not exceed ten (10) pages; MTQ responses must not exceed one (1) page per MTQ. Please include your full name on all documents submitted.
If you are currently serving under a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program and been certified by Office of Personnel Management (OPM) you MUST submit a resume and in a separate document address the MTQs. Any ECQs submitted will not be considered. Your resume must clearly state that you are a current career SES, eligible for reinstatement, or SES CDP certified and year of certification.
When preparing your responses to the ECQs and MTQs, you are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the OPM's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualification . For a sample template on how to format your ECQ narrative visit NASA's Executive Leadership Opportunities .EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS: ECQ 1 - Leading Change:
The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.ECQ 2 - Leading People:
The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.ECQ 3 - Results Driven:
The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.ECQ 4 - Business Acumen:
The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.ECQ 5 - Building Coalitions:
The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: MTQ 1-
Demonstrated leadership experience with enterprise risk management, internal control design and assessment (including financial and management controls), and audit management and coordination.MTQ 2-
Demonstrated experience collaborating across an enterprise to integrate financial objectives and financial management processes, to ensure sound financial management and achievement of organizational goals. Education
No Educational RequirementAdditional informationIf you are selected,
NASA may request information regarding your vaccination status for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols, such as masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.