Strategic Programs Director, Civilian
Appian is seeking an experienced Federal Capture Manager to work alongside our Federal Civilian Sales team, and Appian's strategic integrator partners, to drive higher PWin on a select portfolio of strategic opportunities. This position will be responsible for developing all aspects of Appian's capture as the primary POC with both small business partners as well as Appian's portfolio of Federal Apex partners on these efforts. The Capture Manager will be heavily relied on to bring industry best practices to guide Appian resources through the deal cycles.
- 5+ years directly related experience.
- Experience closing deals over $10M in annual revenue in the Unrestricted Federal Civilian IT Services space.
- Analytical skills relating to business development and capture management.
- Communication skills to support working relationships, customer interaction, and to make formal presentations to senior decision makers.
- Experience in analyzing and selecting teaming partners and negotiating sound teaming agreements.
- Established relationships with Federal Civilian government customers in leadership/ thought leadership roles, small and large players in federal IT services contracting, and appropriate government organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of US government procurement practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the entirety of Business Development/ program Capture lifecycle and a Shipley-type approach.
- Develop, improve and progress the capture plan for a defined set of strategic opportunities. Identify the Capture team and stakeholders in coordination with Business Development, Solutions, Sales and, Consulting and Operations leadership
- Ensure timely development of final win themes, win strategies, value propositions, and differentiators
- Ensure price to win (PTW) analysis is conducted and the PTW target is established
- Work with all areas of the company required to resource and support the technical and management solutions
- Share overall responsibility with Account Executive for winning the opportunity
- Support the Proposal Manager and Solutions team, as required, including developing the first draft of the requirements driven outline, contributing to proposal reviews and development, and providing overall guidance to the team
- Assess and continually update competitor capabilities, performs analysis of competitor strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT), and conducts team gap analysis
- Prepare NDA/TA requests and provides to Contracts for execution prior to any details discussions with outside companies or personnel
- Work with Business developer to establish the team, including subcontractors and completes teaming arrangements (the Contracts department is responsible for preparing TAs and for maintaining official contact with subcontractors and prime contractors and executing all TAs)
- Establish meaningful teaming selection criteria and justification
Prepare teaming Statements of Work (SOW) (Exhibit A) and works with Contracts to negotiate teaming arrangements
- Negotiate team share and work lanes
- Prepares teaming/consultant justifications and works with Contracts
- Schedule and facilitate team status meetings (capture meetings)
- Develop expectations for moving forward to include anticipated activity schedule, key milestones, and anticipated challenges
- Identify potential capture risks, as well as, develops avoidance and alternate risk mitigation strategies
- Lead the development of team capture strategies, win themes, executive summaries and discriminators. Prepares teaming gap analysis
- Conduct post-RFP reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identifies necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Coordinate proposal and RFI resourcing with Solutions, Operations, etc.