Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Project Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
This position is a Principal Associate, Project Manager role on the Portfolio team within Core Consumer Card. The Portfolio team helps align business intent with tech resourcing to optimize overall delivery output. You will have opportunities to work with key stakeholders to deliver results that will have a direct impact on the bottom line and support the company's core mission of changing banking for good. We are looking for a team player, detailed oriented and process driven person that has excellent time management and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Work closely with partner teams to help maintain a master list of intent across the Core Consumer Card organization
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail across working with spreadsheets and presentation material
- Identify ways to improve and streamline business process
- Implement well thought out approaches to change management initiatives across the organization and external stakeholders.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands.
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years experience in Strategy, Consulting, Business Analysis or Project Management
- 3+ years of Consulting, Business Analysis or Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience with G suite applications
- 2+ years of Process Improvement, Change Management or Organizational Transformation experience
- 1+ years of experience in data visualization or Jira
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).