AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
The Marketing Analyst
reports to the VP, Experiences and Connections and develops and coordinates implementation of multi-channel marketing and promotions plans to achieve business objectives for the AARP Virtual Community Center, Fun & Fulfilment Enterprise Issue, and other departmental and organizational objectives. The Marketing Analyst ensures assigned marketing/promotional campaigns are integrated with the departmental content/events strategy as well as concurrent marketing/promotional campaigns led by other team members. The position coordinates with channel marketers in Digital Marketing and Social Media to develop tactical plans to achieve goals. The Marketing Analyst tracks and assesses campaign results and adjusts marketing strategies and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions. The position collaborates with management to identify opportunities to streamline marketing processes and to develop new procedures that support the business unit/department. Responsibilities
- Working in a fast-moving, nimble team environment, works in collaboration with content/event project managers and the Marketing Sr. Advisor to develop marketing/promotional plans for projects and events for the AARP Virtual Community Center, and events and other activities in the Fun & Fulfillment portfolio, including scaled in person event series, Snapshot e-newsletter, and special projects.
- Works closely with channel tacticians (such as email, social media, paid search, display, and native ads) to ensure tactics are implemented as planned.
- Manages simultaneous promotion/marketing plans for multiple events/projects while meeting tight deadlines, assuring attention to detail, and remaining nimble and responsive to a changing marketplace.
- Analyzes data from marketing reports to create, develop and optimize marketing and promotions strategies.
- Synthesizes marketing and reporting data into concise, actionable reports.
- Works collaboratively with the other marketing staff to identify opportunities and strategies for cross promotion or multi-event promotion.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and managing marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Fluency in social media, paid search, display, and native advertising tactics required.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple complex simultaneous marketing and promotions campaigns.
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical skills to assess marketing data and create impactful and successful strategies. Strong track record of success in developing campaigns that perform.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to cull insights from multiple reporting data sets.
- Experience in events promotion preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects concurrently in a fast-paced, nimble environment. Proven ability to meet goals and objectives while working in a collaborative, matrixed environment.
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others.Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.