AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to the more than 100 million Americans 50-plus and their families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Treasury is responsible for the cash and investment management activities of the AARP enterprise. This includes maintaining sufficient liquidity for operating needs, maximizing earnings on investments within policy guidelines and efficiently processing daily transactions.
The Enterprise Payments Manager will support AARP's consumer payments acceptance environment, payments data analysis, business intelligence, payment risk management, business process improvement, chargeback monitoring, consumer journey mapping and driving payment efficiency. This role will lead data-driven projects targeted at payment operations enhancement, eCommerce fraud detection and mitigation. In your daily work, you will assist the Director of Enterprise Payments to support the consumer experience by continuously improving the payment experience, optimizing payment processing, and enabling new payment methods. Responsibilities
- Lead digital payments projects, including: Create proof of concepts; business process designs to improve existing payment processing workflows. Interpret card network SPECs and designs, provide guidance on development build, and contribute to successful implementation of payment protocols. Work with information technology and other stakeholders to develop business requirements documentation, architecture designs and stories for payment enhancement projects.
- Maintain status and daily dashboard reporting on performance and efficiency throughout the payment stacks e.g. CNP, CP, Subscription, chargebacks, and processing costs for easy consumption by senior management throughout the organization. Analyze payment data to discover anomalies and trends for fraud and chargeback prevention.
- Assist with the creation of RFPs for support services. Write reports and presentations to guide operational decisions periodically and on the fly. Assist with the research and creation of documentation on implementing new payment acceptance technologies.
- Assist in the creation of proactive and/or automated fraud prevention/response efforts. Investigate and resolve escalated fraudulent consumer payment transactions.
- Identify and triage issues resulting from payment platform alerts monitoring. Work with ITS and external partners to troubleshoot technical issues and provide any support to assist in incident resolution.
- Complete required documentation for merchant ID applications and collaborate with third parties and internal stakeholders to ensure merchant IDs are established and in working order.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of consumer acceptance payment trends, card network and regulatory changes to identify and validate future requirements and opportunities.
- Assist with the testing and implementation of processes for various consumer payments solutions, ensure that the protocols/enhancements have been technically enabled, tested, and delivered with requisite documentation such as business requirements and stories.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of enterprise payments experience required.
- Solid understanding of recurring payment processing.
- Solid understanding of web services, including front-end and back-end technical processes to assist with implementation of payments enhancements.
- Ability to mix technical knowledge with practical real-world experience to be the bridge between business and technology.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships.
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions.
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise.
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.