Appian is a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of complex custom code. The Process Engines Squad is responsible for building and maintaining the back-end engines that make low-code applications possible. We need Software Development Engineers to code and maintain new features as the product improves and grows.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for enhancing Process Engines and building new features that help make our users' lives easier. Process Engines is a critical element to the success of the Appian platform, everything runs through the Engines! On Process Engines you'll get to leverage your unique experiences and perspectives with your teammates to invent novel solutions. Working in Appian Engineering:
- Using technologies like Kafka and Java, C++, K, and other programming languages
- Indie time -- set aside every week for fun side projects
- Learning time -- half a day every other week dedicated for personal learning
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want; remote or in-office
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Chance to influence the direction of our technology
- You are experienced in customer support escalations, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience in Java, C++, python or the like
- Data structures & algorithms excite you; you thrive on solving complex problems within large high-performant real-time distributed data systems
- Principles and fundamentals are important to you
- You are open to work with any programming language paradigm
- You enjoy solving production problems in an on-call rotation (approximately 1 week a month)
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we're focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.