Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. For over 40 years, the combination of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg, Largo, Rockville and Landover, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12. We are currently accepting resumes for Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator (12 Months).
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. The Foundation Schools employs special education strategies and techniques to provide quality instruction that results in the students’ mastery of approved curriculum and that promotes social, emotional and cognitive learning. We effectively manage student behavior through implementation of behavior management systems, school rules and policies.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources or related field is preferred equivalent experience may be substituted for degree
- Two or more years of experience in the Human Resources field with an emphasis on employee recruitment and on-boarding preferred
- Considerable knowledge of HR principles and practices
- Experience working with HRIS, Applicant Tracking and/or payroll systems preferred
- HR Certification(s) preferred
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for company recruitment efforts including posting and updating electronic advertisements, social media post and internal and external job openings
- Assists with all HR functions including but not limited to benefits administration, unemployment and worker’s compensation claims administration, medical leave and FMLA administration and employee relations
- Responsible for screening internal and external resumes received through HRIS system; manages the work flow of resumes received to ensure the hiring teams receive appropriate resumes and the recruitment process proceeds as required
- Conduct reverse resume searches for passive applicants in various external Search Engine sites to expand candidate pool; create and maintain recruitment information for open positions on external Search Engine sites; invite qualified applicants to apply for open positions as appropriate
- Responsible for the temporary contractor recruitment process to include review of resumes, scheduling interviews, communicating with the departments and agencies of new placements and terminations, and following up on all documentation and data entry
- Manage the 486 Child Sexual Abuse/Sexual Misconduct Background process; collect 486 forms from candidates, review resumes and compile list of applicable prior employers, submit request for information to prior employers, track responses and report non-compliance to MSDE; submit MSDE certification verification requests; maintain 486 compliance report; complete incoming 486 request forms for our current and former employees
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the company HRIS recruitment and on-boarding processes including managing the recruitment and on-boarding module, creation and updates to forms and tracking systems, job postings, applicant tracking and new hire documentation Prepare new hire binders, and contractor or intern information packets; set up new employee and new contractor files; order supplies and update master copies as needed
- Schedule and conduct new employee on-boarding meetings and obtain all related documentation is received and required tasks are completed by candidates; follow up on all missing tasks or documentation
- Complete new related service providers and intern on-boarding and ensure all related documentation; follow up on all missing information or documentation
- Coordinate information about New Staff Orientation with all appropriate parties to ensure new employees, compliance manager, trainers, hiring managers and IT Department all have the necessary information for the training to include: schedules, links, contact information and equipment needs
- Review, notarize and submit CPS Background forms to local agencies for all new hires, contractors and interns; track and record CPS Background and Criminal History Information Reports results in all required systems; notify management of any questionable results. Schedule preemployment drug screenings and monitor results received
- Research, register and attend local job fairs and job placement events; coordinate participation from members of hiring teams, schedule interviews, create virtual booths, advertisements, flyers, social media posts and presentations for events; complete post event follow up with candidates and providers
- Research and implement recruitment methods, obtain or maintain recruitment sources; develop partnerships with local colleges, universities or job recruitment agencies to optimize recruitment efforts; participate in on-site and virtual visits with partnering schools
- Create and send monthly HR newsletter to all staff with pertinent information to help employees navigate current events and maintain balance in work and life.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal laws that apply to Human Resources rules, guidelines, policies, practices and procedures; help to develop departmental goals, objectives and systems to maintain compliance and to maximize departmental efficiency; interpret and communicate HR related information to staff at meetings and though updates to the HR policy manual, employee handbook and the HR procedural manual
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and professional development; actively participate in applicable staff development activities
- Consistently model and implement the company’s core values to incorporate Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect and Leadership into positive behaviors while at work
- Comply with all of The Foundation Schools’ policies, rules, protocols and procedures