BUDGETS AND CONTRACTS ANALYST I/II - #22-135
HarvestPlus seek a highly motivated Budgets and Contracts Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will be well-rounded and able to perform a range of budgets and contract duties as noted below. This exempt position is a one-year, renewable appointment and is located at HarvestPlus headquarters in Washington, DC.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals while providing global leadership on evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is a program of International Food Policy Research Institute, which is part of the CGIAR. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Contracts Processing and Management
- Manage contracts processing for select program units of HarvestPlus; review and approve partner work plan budgets prior to contract issuance; ensure all contract requirements and assessment documents are complete prior to contract issuance. Monitor and provide status reports on contracts and follow up on contract deliverables. Manage payments for partner contracts, ensuring technical deliverables are submitted and approved by HarvestPlus Project Manager, and financial reports are in order prior to effecting payments. Review and approve financial reports submitted by collaborators/partners of select program units. Process vendor payments and purchases related to contracts. Maintain HarvestPlus databases on contracts, assessment documents, technical reports, financial reports, and other contract related documents, and equipment purchases.
Budget Development and Monitoring
- Monitor expenditures/project status reports of select projects, ensuring expenditures are appropriately charged and reclassifying charges when necessary. Provide quarterly budget updates to select program units. Provide support in the development and monitoring of HarvestPlus’ annual budgets and HP country offices budgets.
- Develop proposal budgets, review donor or partner agreements, and obtain required approvals for donor proposals.
Financial Reporting and Monitoring
- Analyze and monitor the financial status of assigned grants, contracts and other agreements in comparison to donor budgets/reporting requirements and identify and report any need for re-alignment or any financial risks associated with grants, contracts, and related cost share obligations.
- Provide financial reports to donor managers and-or budget to facilitate that grant expenditures are in accordance with applicable donor regulations.
- Produce timely and accurate required financial donor reports in compliance with donor financial requirements.
- Provide support in maintenance of HarvestPlus accounts in IFPRI’s accounting system; reconciles and monitors project numbers in the general ledger. Support activities of the HarvestPlus Finance Functional Team regarding the budget management system (QuickBooks). Process expense reimbursements, advance liquidations, host center expenses, and field request payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting, plus minimum of two years of related work experience. Experience in developing, monitoring and managing budgets and contracts, financial management and reporting. Solid composition, grammar, and proofreading skills with the ability to compose routine correspondence and reports; excellent written and oral English communications skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated experience administering databases. Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details with minimal supervision. Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Fluency in foreign language desirable. Familiarity with accounting systems and software. Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will seat in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch Employee will lift between 0-10pounds Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal ; extensive reading