MULTIMEDIA CONTENT PRODUCER - #22-133
The Visual Design and Video Production team within IFPRI’s Communications and Public Affairs division creates visual content that communicates our food policy research through multimedia storytelling products. As a Multimedia Content Producer, you will design and produce video content that includes animation, motion graphics, illustrations, photos, and other design assets to inform and engage our diverse audiences across existing and emerging digital platforms. As a member of this team, you will also work with video hosting and live streaming event production tools to connect our researchers to digital audiences and increase the visibility of IFPRI’s brand. We are looking for candidates who are creative, organized, and proven leaders that can demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. This position is for a one-year, exempt, renewable appointment, based in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce and manage video, motion graphics, and photo projects while maintaining production quality according to industry standards
- Manage video pre-production scheduling, production, and post-production process including editing, color correction, sound mixing, motion graphics, captioning, and voice over recording
- Organize and direct location video and photo shoots, conduct interviews, review scripts, and supervise post-production activities
- Live stream virtual and in-person events using event production tools and technologies
- Maintain knowledge of contemporary best practices in video production, photography, live streaming, and motion graphic design
- Administer and maintain digital asset management libraries
- Collaborate with in-house graphic design and external media teams to support the use of photography across products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media, journalism, or closely related discipline, plus five years of professional videography and photography experience;
- Demonstrated ability producing multimedia content using photography, videography, and animation and motion graphics;
- Knowledge of photography, photographic techniques, photography studios, workflow tools, retouching, and lighting;
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite;
- Demonstrated ability using motion graphics software for creating animated graphics, dynamic text, and special effects;
- Proficiency with DSLR equipment and taking photographs;
- Hands-on experience with live streaming and event production software such as OBS, Restream, and Vimeo Studio;
- Experience crafting a story from interviews, original research, and other rich content;
- Previous experience creating video content for either research or educational institutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong time-management skills;
- Link to your portfolio and work samples.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will stand and/or walk for more than four (4) hours on a given day.
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. IFPRI’s strategic research aims to foster a climate-resilient and sustainable food supply; promote healthy diets and nutrition for all; build inclusive and efficient markets, trade systems, and food industries; transform agricultural and rural economies; and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is integrated in all the Institute’s work. Partnerships, communications, capacity strengthening, and data and knowledge management are essential components to translate IFPRI’s research from action to impact. The Institute’s regional and country programs play a critical role in responding to demand for food policy research and in delivering holistic support for country-led development. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.