The function of the organization where this position is located is in official functional statements. The purpose of this position is to serve food, preselected and ordered by arrangement, and limited to banquet (group) service.Regular & Recurring Duties and Responsibilities:
As directed, secures linen, glassware and silverware, depending on the particular format (menu, food and beverages). Readies groups of tables for food and beverages, making sure that dishes, glasses and silverware meet cleanliness standards, and that linens are spotless and condiment containers are filled. Following specific instructions and rigid time schedules, secures food from kitchen, and carries beverages from bar and serves customers. Refills food and beverage containers and performs emergency cleanup services. Answers simple questions concerning menu items and food served.
Cleans and prepares tables for further use. Performs other related cleaning duties as time permits including the preparation area, kitchen and dining room. May perform incidental dishwashing and other tasks.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11472678 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience:
No previous experience or training is required. Qualifying Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Ability tofollow simple oral instructions and prepare checks for patrons. Must be physically able to stand, stoop, bend and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Must meet the appropriate minimum age requirement for serving alcoholic beverages. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.Conditions of Employment:
Must be able to obtain a Food Handler's Certificate and/or complete food handler's training. Successful completion and favorable adjudication of applicable background investigation (Tier 1 Level) is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Information on COVID-19 vaccination requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.