C-37 Aircraft Technician (Joint Base Andrews)
Job Description: Aircraft Technician
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US Government Secret Security clearance. Willing to work flexible schedule to support customer aircraft schedule.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and two (2) years of aviation maintenance experience or four (4) years of aviation maintenance to include two (2) years of experience working on mid/large-size aircraft required.
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on C-37 aircraft systems and structures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
2. Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
3. Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
4. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
5. Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
6. Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
7. Provide training to less experienced technicians.
8. Protect customers property (PTP).
1. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 5S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
2. Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
3. Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
5. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign -offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
6. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
2. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
3. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small spaces and restricted areas, and lift up to 50 pounds.
4. Available to work any shift.
5. Must be able to use computer.
Benefits: Medical, Dental and 401k
Compensation: Varies based on experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Apply for C-37 Aircraft Technician (Joint Base Andrews)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly