Image Forensics & Integrity Support
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 10,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking to hire an Image Forensics & Integrity Support to oversee screening images submitted to the society's journal portfolio. The individual will screen figures for adherence to journals' policies, work with authors to obtain high-quality figures suitable for publication, document/track issues with manuscripts, and other administrative duties. The individual will also examine images to detect alteration or manipulation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all figures are published with the highest quality and ethical standards and evaluates file quality according to established technical/style guidelines.
- Counsels and guides authors, editors, and Publications staff in the technical requirements for figure creation, submission, and publication.
- Expedites author and editorial corrections, including delivery of new files and updating on-line databases for all publications.
- Examines and evaluates accepted artwork for possible figure manipulation prior to export into production, using specialized digital software, as necessary.
- Archives all edited artwork and ensures that all equipment and tools are performing at highest level and archived data is available for publications support and training.
- Collaborates and participates in workflow and procedural meetings with the Data Integrity Manager.
- Prepares and updates procedures on image analysis.
Positions may be reassigned, and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Studio/Graphic Arts experience preferred.
- Must have 1 - 3 years of combined relevant work and/or internship experience.
- Must have exceptional knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office..
- Must be able to multi-task and to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a problem-solver to investigate and trouble-shoot any image irregularity
- Must be able to work on short deadlines and be extremely detail oriented.
- Experience working with scientific imaging systems or scientific images a plus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume by visiting: https://www.faseb.org/employment.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org.
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.