The Therapeutic Nursery Program is hiring a dedicated employee to fill the role of Assistant Director at our Rockville site who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
The Therapeutic Nursery Program (TNP) is a specialized early childhood education program focused on children's social and emotional development. The classroom is similar to a preschool program, but serves children who have social and emotional delays, trauma histories, aggressive behaviors, and other needs.
As the Assistant Director TNP you will:
• Develop and implement clinical and educational policies and procedures for
relationship-based service delivery in the TNP including application and
admission procedures; case management; implementation of the therapeutic
interventions; and record keeping
• Develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with the children and
• Implement effective crisis intervention, including Crisis Prevention Intervention
support for children and families.
• Provide administrative support for the program including reporting, monthly
billing, time keeping and other tasks as needed.
• Provide clinical supervision to staff, and ensure the supervision of
students/trainees assigned to the TNP.
• Develop and maintain liaisons with other professionals and organizations in
• Masters degree in a mental health discipline or early childhood education field
• Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in the state of Maryland or educational
• Extensive knowledge of child development, and mental health , especially with
young children and families.
• At least two years of progressively responsible experience in a mental health
or educational setting, including clinical and supervisory/administrative
• Strong administrative skills.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability,
PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today!
Apply now to be considered!
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.