Building Energy Inspector
- PEG LLC
- Manassas, VA
- Jun 10, 2022
- Jul 15, 2022
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG is searching for motivated individuals who are interested in learning about Energy Sustainability and Building Energy Performance of New Residential Construction. This position requires you to become a certified HERS Rater. Learn more at www.resnet.us.
In this position, new employees will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare them to perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines. This will include visual inspections of materials, data collection and visual observation of energy efficient features, and the utilization of equipment to test system performance.
Job Location: The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 100-mile radius with Manassas, VA at its center.
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines including but not limited to:
- Visual Inspections of applied materials and control assemblies
- Data Collection and Visual Observation of energy efficient features such as
- Model and serial numbers of relevant equipment
- Quality and installation of duct work, insulation, framing, air sealing, ventilation, etc.
- Utilization of equipment to test system performance such as infiltration & Blower Door Testing, Ventilation Testing, Duct Leakage Testing, and Building Air Flow & Pressure Testing
- Adjustment of system settings to either meet design or manufacturer specifications
- Audit Inspection will fluctuate will client construction schedules.
- Prepare an electronic written report of audit findings
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients throughout the process
- Complete any necessary paperwork required for internal reporting
- Maintain equipment in accordance with company policy and manufacturer’s specifications
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- HERS Rater, BPI, NATE certification is helpful
- 2 years of work experience in HVAC, home remodeling, or construction is helpful.
- Must be able to work outside during summer high temperatures
- Ability to work in attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Ability to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, and lift
- Ability to work on ladders (up to 30’) and hand/power tools
- Ability to frequently lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be personable, well-groomed, articulate, and able to convey technical information in plain language
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with insurable driving record
- Must have reliable transportation (Gas/Vehicle Allowance included)
- Must be able to drive for long periods to and from job site locations
- Pre-employment background check/drug testing