Coordinator for Business Affairs
Coordinator for Business Affairs
Maryland Applied Graduate Engineering in the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park is seeking a Coordinator for Business Affairs to perform business and administrative functions for the office. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the position supports the areas of financial reporting, human resources, data entry, records management, travel, and other administrative duties, as assigned.
The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland serves as the catalyst for high-quality research, innovation, and learning, preparing our students to create innovations that will address the 21st century Grand Challenges (e.g., energy, environment, security, and human health) and improve the human condition. The Clark School is dedicated to leading and transforming the engineering discipline and profession, to accelerating entrepreneurship, and to transforming research and learning activities into new innovations that benefit millions.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in budgeting, accounting, and/or purchasing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
· Strong computer skills with the ability to use Excel and Word proficiently and experience and/or familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries.
· Ability to work independently, as well as within a team, utilizing good judgment in making decisions in accordance with complex university policy.
· Computational and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a service-focused professional demeanor.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
· Effective communication with a diverse staff and faculty population.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines and working in a timely manner.
· Understanding of a complex budgetary system and the ability to articulately explain the system to others.
· Must possess the depth and breadth of purchasing and procurement experience for supplies, services and other support to provide creative solutions.
· A degree in business, accounting, or a similar applicable field.
· Experience working in higher education.
· Knowledge of UMD/USM policies and procedures in the areas of finance, purchasing, procurement, and/or travel.
· Experience with the Kuali Financial System and BA4.
· Predominantly sedentary position/work.
· Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to sit for an extended time and operate standard office equipment and keyboards.
· Ability to review, prepare, and analyze data and figures; transcribe; view a computer terminal; extensive reading.
· Ability to traverse on and off campus for meetings and to transport supplies and materials.
· Able to communicate with faculty, staff, and students who have inquiries and exchange accurate information in these situations.
Closing Date: 6/26/2022
Salary: The salary range for this position is $49,206 to $60,000 annually.
Resume, Cover Letter and List of References via https://ejobs.umd.edu/.