Creative Project Manager
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The successful candidate for the Creative Project Manager position is a professionally trained project manager who is well versed in creative business needs. The incumbent would ideally have 5+ years of Creative Project Management experience working with an in-house creative team or advertising agency. Major duties include shepherding a variety of creative projects from concept through completion including print and digital design, copy, web design, video and animation production, environmental graphics, and event materials. The Creative Project Manager will gain an understanding of needs for sometimes ambiguous situations helping to prioritize, plan, and shape projects as they move through the creative team.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with creative team and internal partners to define project details.
- Define project scope, manage workflows, and create a plan of action for multiple concurrent creative projects.
- Clearly communicate status updates, manage expectations, and drive continuous process improvement.
- Provide project management support for video and animation projects including scheduling, coordination, and resource management for video teams.
- Coordinate with external vendors and creative consultants.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of creative producer/project management experience at an advertising agency, in-house creative team, or production company
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the unique operational nuances of creative teams, and how to manage scalable workflow streams
- Demonstrated experience leading the delivery of large, complex creative projects
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with Workfront or similar Project Management Tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft products.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management systems (Bynder experience a plus).
- Solid understanding of web and print design processes, both technical and creative.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Passionate about relationship building and cross-functional collaboration — able to foster positive, collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think high-level with an attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing video and photography projects and production timelines.
- Ability to synthesize information and creative feedback from diverse stakeholders, set priorities, and unblock teams.
- Experience resourcing, developing, and supporting creative ops for a variety of formats, media, and channels (social media, video, web, print, environmental graphics, and event materials).
- Innately organized self-starter with strong structural and time management skills.
- Ability to assist in writing creative briefs and distilling them into project management tools.