Media Systems Technician (Spanish Speaking)
Provide daily technical audiovisual (AV) and media support to clients and assistance to a team of technicians, communicating in both English and Spanish, servicing a high-end conferencing, meeting & event and audio visual environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate conference room systems including projection systems, audio mixing and distribution systems, A/V device control systems, interpretation systems, professional level video and audio recorders, audio and videoconferencing systems.
- Support virtual and hybrid meetings and events, through various software apps and platforms
- Set up PowerPoint and other presentations, connect computers and devices with display interfaces to portable and installed data projectors; correctly sizing and adjusting images on-screen
- Set up audio systems consisting of microphones, mixer, amplifier, and speakers and adjust system for good speech level with no feedback; other audio sources such as computer audio and/or CD/DVD playback may also be required to hook up to mixer
- Transport, assemble, operate and strike equipment used in multimedia production
- Set up and perform media playback
- Record output of audio mixer to tape and/or hard drive/mp3 recorders
- Travel to remote site to perform duties as assigned
- Audio / Video equipment troubleshooting
- Special projects as assigned
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate must be capable of working at heights and have good balance
- Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills; Must be creative and flexible in interacting & communicating with coworkers and clients, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in English & Spanish languages; Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Proactive attitude and solid work ethic
- Must have knowledge of audio signal flow, camera and lighting techniques
- Proficient with computer systems used in multimedia production
- Solid word processing and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of the various types of signals (i.e., audio, video and computer) used with common AV equipment
- Good knowledge of current industry practices, standards and procedures relevant to AV service
- Must have a commitment to excellence and to ongoing education/training and to the mastery of his or her craft; Commitment to obtaining AVIXA CTS certification
- Additional skills such as audio recording, camera operation, editing, or field experience are desirable
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media, Audio or related field preferred; or Technical school training with audio or electronics training and related experience
- 3+ years’ experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, theatre or broadcast environment
Diversity Inclusion & Customer Service Statement
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.