Research Manager, Government Trust and Resiliency Strategy
IDC is seeking a Research Manager to lead the IDC's Government Trust and Resiliency Strategy Program growing the technology advisory offerings and research services to national government clients and the tech suppliers that serve them. The program provide in-depth research and advisory services to global and US government organizations to identify and prioritize technology opportunities and to help save time, reduce cost and mitigate risk in technology procurement and implementations, while also helping IT suppliers develop and market products and services that meet the needs of government buyers.
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success. IDC was recognized by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2021 Analyst Firm of the Year for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future! We are just getting started!
- Author and expand research into high interest areas such as information security services, edge computing and IoT, 5G, sustainability and IT professional and managed services
- Function as a trusted advisor for federal/ national civilian and defense agencies and government technology suppliers, as well as to tech suppliers
- Grow the Government research and advisory program through primary and secondary research, thought leadership and custom consulting for both government and vendor organizations
- Communicate and amplify key research results, e.g., authoring white papers, appearing in videos, and delivering presentations
- Grow the Program by working on client and media inquiries and building relationships within the government and media communities
- Support client inquiry related to research reports related to the subscription service
- Coordinate research with other regions and WW Government Insights analysts
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent is required; a relevant higher level degree is highly desired
- Five + years of related work experience in the technology industry and/ or as a researcher or analyst. Preference is for those who have worked in or with federal governments, or with similar areas or levels of responsibility with government customers
- Outstanding writing and communication skills, and ability to produce insightful reports based on primary and secondary research, briefings, and survey or forecast data and to provide meaningful recommendations to both federal agencies and the IT vendors that serve them
- An analytical mind with a strong desire to uncover trends and patterns through a combination of qualitative and quantitative research
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel (pivot tables) to perform modeling and forecasting
- Excellent time management and planning skills; this position requires a self-starter who can work to tight schedules, and balance changing priorities of incoming work with scheduled delivery deadlines
- Ability to travel (approximately 15-20% as business conditions normalize) will be required mainly in North America
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and decisive with intellectual honesty and a positive attitude
- The position can be based in a remote home office in an approved IDC work location with preference for DC Metro area
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion will be considered on an individual basis.
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,200 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.