Senior Accountant, Endowments and Investments
The Senior Accountant for Endowments and Investments will manage the accounting for all foundation investment activities including investments in the general endowment investment pool, short-term current use funds investment, split-interest agreement investments and all other investment accounts maintained by the foundation. This individual is responsible for ensuring accurate general ledger balances through analyses and reconciliations, and assisting in preparing the audited financial statements. This includes responsibility for all endowment and investment reporting, including the generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and investment reports, as well as the calculation and distribution of the endowment spendable income budget.
The Senior Accountant for Endowments and Investments will work on a daily basis with endowment management software, accounting software, and Excel spreadsheets to ensure that financial transactions are recorded properly in the foundation’s financial and reporting systems. They are also responsible for coordinating with the Director Foundation Operations the timely and accurate generation of financial data and reports to the foundation’s donors, trustees, management, accounting staff, business managers and IT staff responsible for maintaining financial data available through the internet, and will perform other special projects and tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Accounting, Business, or Finance including experience working with endowment or investment fund performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in preparing financial analysis reports with multiple software tools.
- Well organized with the ability to file, maintain and quickly access numerous internal and external documents in support of donors and endowment accounting functions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with internal staff and external donors and investment advisors.
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to fully utilize its formulas and functions to develop complex worksheets.